Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My Story

My doTERRA Story
I was introduced to doTERRA in March 2013.  My father had just passed away unexpectedly and my sister, Lacey, mentioned how she had just bought these oils that she was going to use on  Dad to help with all his aches and pains that came along with farming for 40+ years.  The skeptic in me thought to myself, “Oils???  How could something in a little tiny bottle really do anything??”  To spare my sister’s feelings, I kept my thoughts to myself. It was another four months before an oil conversation came up again.
I went to Lacey’s house for the 4th of July with a severe summer head cold.  I was miserable.  I was living on Tylenol, Advil, Sudafed, and Nyquil.  Even taking all those medicines, I could not breathe and felt horrible.  Lacey said to me “I have something you can try, you put a couple drops under your tongue.”  I again remember thinking to myself “I really doubt this will help, but didn’t figure it could hurt.” I was desperate for some relief.  I did feel better shortly after taking the OnGuard oil and didn’t feel the need to take cold medicine before I went to bed that night.  I really was not giving credit to the oils. I thought the dose of meds I had taken that afternoon must still be working.  The next morning, Lacey again gave me the same oil and off to work I went.  That morning when I felt much better, I was sold.  This skeptic was now a believer! 
Since that day, no one in my house has taken any cold, sinus, or allergy medications. We have managed all our health conditions exclusively with oils, including my rodeo cowboy husband, who will not leave home without his bag of oils. I have spent a lot of time learning how to properly use essential oils and have been able to naturally treat our family rather than having to take them to the doctor and put them on antibiotics.  I have treated my 10 year old daughter for an ear infection and a UTI.  My 2 year old had a little run in with pink eye that I was able to clear up with the use of doTERRA oils.  We have used the oils for allergy relief, pain management, uplifting moods, calming, sleep, cleaning, and so much more.  We use them every single day! We use them in many ways from diffusing, ingesting, to rubbing on various body parts—especially on the bottoms of the feet.
I am so very thankful that my sister shared her love of doTERRA with me.  The oils have changed my life and the health of my family. My biggest regret is that I didn’t use the oils when Lacey first introduced me to them.  The word doTERRA means “gift of the earth.” I can’t think of a more fitting word for them as they truly are a gift!
I started out with doTERRA as a skeptic, then became a retail customer, followed by enrolling with doTERRA to receive my products wholesale and begin earning free products.  I now have begun sharing the oils with my family and friends and would love to share my experience and knowledge with you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment